Contest of Wills
The Goblin War
The Goblin War occurred from 1370 DR to 1371 DR. The war started when Nalavarauthatoryl, (an elf-dragon) amassed an army of Orcs, Grodd goblins, the seven Ghazneths and other monsters to attack the country of Cormyr. Interestingly, although the war is referred to as the Goblin Wars, goblins only made up a fraction of the army, most of the fighting being done by the Orcs.
- Nalavarauthatoryl and her army invade Cormyr from the Storm Horns.
- Redspring sacked.
- Tyrluk sacked and burnt.
- The main army, lead by Nalavarauthatoryl pushes south.
- The orcs that sacked Tyrluk are stopped.
- Arabel is sieged. Azoun IV sends a force of Purple Dragons, known as the Fangs of the Purple Dragon to cover the evacuation of Arabel After Myrmeen Lhal organises the great evacuation of the population, the city surrenders.
- Myrmeen Lhal organises the Militia of the North in Eveningstar to combat the enemy.
- The Battle of the Walls, results in the destruction of the Fangs of the Purple Dragon.